Thursday March 12th 2020 5pm
Dear Grace Family,
As a church, we want to care for our congregation in all respects, including the physical well-being of our community. For many, the uncertainty of coronavirus (COVID-19) has caused fear and anxiety in our workplaces, schools, and daily life. Scripture is clear that God has given us a spirit of love, not fear and as followers of Christ, we remain confident of God’s constant presence and careful attention to all that is happening.
Though transmission of the virus per the CDC for the general public in Florida is still considered low risk, we’ve been closely tracking the news of the coronavirus (COVID-19) both locally and globally and we want to take precautionary measures to create a safe and healthy environment for us all to gather and worship. In addition, we are asking you, our church family, to take precautions to keep yourself and others safe, especially in light of recent developments with the Coronavirus.
During this time, we are asking you to help prevent the spread of the virus in the following ways:
- Stay at home when you or a family member is sick or if you feel you are getting sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue or your arm.
- Get in the habit of NOT touching your face so often.
- Substitute shaking hands at church with a wave or a friendly smile.
- If you or someone you know tests positive for COVID-19, please let us know so we can find a way to help and take any necessary precautions.
- Use sanitizer that will be available at the entrances as you enter the building.
For families with kids and volunteers:
In addition to keeping our church clean, we will be taking extra care of our kids’ spaces by wiping down surfaces and using hand sanitizer with the children.
Join us online:
If you find yourself feeling sick, we encourage you to join us here. We stream live at approximately 10:15am on Sundays and 7:15pm on Wednesdays
Ways to Give if you cannot physically attend:
We have several options for giving online if you cannot physically attend church. Here are some options:
- Text GCF TO 73256 and follow prompts
- Or click here to give now
- If you are on Realm you can give through your Realm app by clicking on “giving” and setting up a credit card or bank account. If you access Realm through your computer, you can go to your profile page and click on “giving”.
- Bill Pay Options through your bank-you can set up the church as a vendor and have a check sent to the church from your bank account. The church address is 901 Ridge Rd S, Largo, FL 33770
- You can mail checks to the church at the address above.
We are changing the way we distribute communion by using 2 cups in each cup holder with the bottom cup containing the cracker, and the top cup containing the juice. Each person can pick up the double stacked cup out of the tray without contaminating another cup or putting hands in a communal basket. Of course, If you would prefer to not take communion until the virus threat has passed, you can choose to do that.
At this time, the church will remain open as usual and we will continue to have services and mid-week programming. If local and state health officials do recommend closure, or if we determine it is in the best interest of our church family to make changes, we will inform everyone to the best of our abilities through our website, emails, and social media.
While we cannot control the virus, the spread, or the impact it has on our church, we’re doing everything we can to make our church as safe and clean as possible. We appreciate your cooperation and commitment to help us do just that. We also ask that you would join us in prayer for those who are impacted by the virus, as well as their families, loved ones, caregivers, and those who are tirelessly working to minimize the impact of this virus.
GCF leadership team